The Storage Engineer will be the technical resource for distributed and utility-scale energy storage projects. This position advises multiple departments to ensure successful BESS system design, procurement, installation, and commissioning. The Engineer provides subject matter expertise regarding technology, software, manufacturers, and integrators. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering & Procurement.
Location: North Haven, Connecticut
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and select BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) solutions to meet project financial and functionality goals
- Research and recommend OEMs, control software providers, and BESS integrators.
- Internal subject matter expert for BESS control software. Perform in-depth technical diligence on various BESS integrators and technology suppliers, including their hardware and software offerings.
- Evaluate BESS costs, systems architecture, operational capabilities, and warranties.
- Provide preliminary design concepts, system sizing, layouts, and technical specifications.
- Ensure design optimization related to efficiency and reliability.
- Create and maintain the internal BESS technical specifications documents.
- Support Construction and O&M teams regarding project execution and commissioning.
- Support the reliable and sustainable operation of BESS assets.
- Support Finance and cost estimating teams regarding hardware costs, warranties, degradation, and market participation capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering, Material Science, or related technical degree. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience related to energy systems design, software analysis, renewable energy, or related industry.
- Knowledge of BESS technology, software, and battery chemistries.
- Ability to build cross-organizational relationships, communication, and trust.
- Can identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
- Shows a bias for action. Takes ownership.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.