Solar PV Project Cost Estimator
Greenskies is looking to expand its technical bid team with the addition of a Solar Project Cost Estimator for Rooftop, Carport, Ground Mounted, and Landfill Photovoltaic (PV) projects. The Estimator’s role will include but is not limited to the development of solar PV project cost estimates. The Estimator will be part of the Analytic & Design Team within the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department which plays a critical role in the development of PV systems proposals. The Estimator reports to the VP of EPC.
Location: North Haven, CT
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop cost estimates for commercial solar PV projects including rooftop, ground mount, landfill, and carport installations
- Review of bid documents including building, electrical, and civil site plans
- Research and review building code and zoning requirements
- Create scopes of work, assumptions, and limitations
- Work with municipalities and utilities to understand permitting and utility interconnection requirements
- Coordinate with other departments such as Business Development and Operations and Maintenance to ensure accuracy of bid and component pricing
- Attend bidder conferences, site walks, and client meetings
- Build and maintain a database of costs and labor hours
- 2+ years of experience in the commercial electrical or construction industry with at least 1 year of experience estimating project costs
- Four-year degree in related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Proficient at reading plans, specs, and contracts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems
- Prior solar PV, utility, or civil experience a plus
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.