Solar Electrical Technician - New Jersey
Solar Electrical Technicians or E-Techs are state-licensed electricians who are utilized to provide both corrective and preventative maintenance on our owned and managed commercial solar installations which include both rooftop and ground-mount PV systems. E-techs provide the electrical experience coupled with their commercial solar experience to maintain both the PV systems’ production at the expected levels as well as maintaining site communications.
Location: Northern, NJ / North Central, NJ
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Daily travel to regional solar projects that are operational
- Ongoing preventative maintenance visits to each system will include inspections of wiring and connections, mechanical repairs, torque verification, thermal scans, string tests, inverter inspections, etc.
- Ongoing troubleshooting of commercial string and central inverters, DC array issues, and communications issues
- Ongoing troubleshooting and corrective maintenance of site equipment
- DC and AC testing included but not limited to polarity, open-circuit voltage, grounding continuity, insulation resistance testing, IV Curve Tracing
- Completing operations and maintenance reports following every site visit
- Continuous communication with monitoring and dispatchers in the Connecticut office
- Representing Greenskies to clients on-site in a professional manner
- Some weekend work required as well as being on-call on some weekends
State Electrical License required
- Strong commercial/industrial electrical background
- Experience working with and troubleshooting 480 VAC circuits and equipment
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment
- In-depth familiarity with the NEC
- Experience in commercial solar O&M, thermography, and troubleshooting DC circuits and equipment
- Proficiency with technical data reporting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.