Solar technicians are the technical experts that connect the business to the construction and maintenance of our fleet of solar assets from groundbreaking to decommissioning. They oversee the subcontractors during the construction phase of solar energy sites and maintain the systems throughout their contracted life – usually 15 or 20 years. This “life-cycle technical management” allows Greenskies to build career-long relationships with our Solar Technicians who in turn help the business retain the critical lessons learned over the years. Solar Technicians have a portfolio of projects near their home for which they are responsible, but may also be asked to lead the charge into new markets while the company identifies new local Solar Technicians for a permanent role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily travel to regional solar projects that are under construction and operational
- Leading and educating subcontractors from site mobilization through project commissioning
- Tracking project installation schedules and installation sequences and providing data back to the associated Project Management Group (“PMG”)
- Examine the work of the subcontractors to make sure they are meeting Greenskies’ standard of quality and safety.
- Orchestrating site mobilization, grid shutdowns, interconnections, witness tests and inspections
- Perform head-to-tail project commissioning at the end of the construction phase
- Ongoing preventative maintenance visits to each system which will include inspections of wiring and connections, mechanical repairs, torque verification, thermal scans, string tests, inverter inspections, etc.
- DC and AC testing included but not limited to polarity, open circuit voltage, grounding continuity, insulation resistance testing
- Responding to scheduled and urgent maintenance cases
- Completing operations and maintenance reports following every site visit
- System monitoring start-up
- Communicating with O&M and PMG groups in Connecticut for task prioritization
- Representing Greenskies to clients on site in a professional manner
- These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
- Electrical License
- Desire to be part of a team that works unusually hard to achieve its goals
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to travel often, including overnight trips as necessary
- A strong background in electricity, circuits and electronics
- Experience in the solar industry
- Experience in construction management
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical challenges
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.