Senior Project Developer
The Senior Project Developer will be a key leading member of the project development team. The role will include developing new solar projects, performing site analysis, permit review and preparation, managing design as well as interconnection studies and application, reviewing lease/purchase agreements, and perform all other required land due diligence criteria. It is expected that the Senior Project developer will be able to independently manage a solar project from origination to EPC hand off as well as provide guidance to junior employees.
Location: Middletown, CT
- Land Use Permitting Requirements, submit use permitting applications, solicit supporting documentation from Engineering and Environmental subcontractors as needed, outline timelines and costs, and track use permitting progress
- Mitigate potential neighbor / community opposition and manage neighborhood / community public meetings necessary for land use changes and rezoning
- Obtain and review title reports and title insurance. Work with Title Company to make sure title is not encumbered
- Manage Interconnection Process, including Interconnection Application, scoping meetings, feasibility studies, system impact studies, and Interconnection Agreement.
- Work with engineering subcontractors to create relevant single-lines, drawings and specifications
- Navigate Power Purchase Agreement with offtaker. Identify key issues in Power Purchase Agreement draft and final contracts to identify any development issues and timelines. Incorporate into design and development process
- Create detailed project development budgets, and track projected vs. actual costs throughout the development lifecycle
- Work closely with EPC Team, Finance Team, Sales, Legal and other departments
- Effectively communicate relevant information to a variety of internal and external audiences during all stages of the project development and financing process
- Attend occasional site visits, and up to 25% travel expected
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering, Biology, Business or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years solar or renewable energy experience, or experience with project development, project acquisition, land acquisition
- Large commercial or utility-scale solar energy experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of managing projects from conception to completion
- Ability to learn new skills and processes, and demonstrate understanding and ability to perform new tasks
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information accurately and effectively, multi-task and dynamically decide key priorities
- Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
- Effective written and verbal communicator of difficult or sensitive information.
- AutoCAD and PVsyst skills helpful but not required
- Must treat deadlines and commitments with the utmost seriousness and urgency
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.