PV System Design Engineer
The PV System Designer will design PV systems, evaluate site conditions and infrastructure where PV systems may be installed, and develop project specifications needed for successful execution. The PV System Designer directly supports the Business Development team and plays a critical role in development of all PV systems proposals.
- Determine PV system characteristics and product selection that maximize generation and minimize costs to optimize value to the customer;
- Calculate PV system lifetime electricity generation estimates;
- Conduct on-site visits to assess site conditions and facility infrastructure for prospective PV installations;
- Review building drawings, site plans, and other Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation;
- Understand and interpret codes that impact solar array designs;
- Use GIS to incorporate site restrictions into layouts;
- Prepare technical drawings of electrical wiring systems;
- Evaluate new PV technology and products for future incorporation;
- Provide general technical guidance to the organization on system design practices and other technical considerations.
10% travel within the state required for site visits and client meetings.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 3 months of experience in Electrical Engineering.
Specific experience and skills required:
- Experience with Solar PV system design and component selection;
- Experience with Solar PV energy generation calculations;
- Ability to perform electrical calculations including voltage, current, wire sizing, and overcurrent protection calculations;
- Experience with autoCAD or similar drafting software;
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams or projects in a professional or academic setting.