Land Developer for Solar Projects
The Land Developer for Solar Projects will be responsible for all aspects of both internal and external management of developing distributed generation solar projects. This position will report to the Director of Development and work with a team of dedicated solar developers and engineers. The role will involve cross-departmental communication with finance, engineering, and construction teams. Additionally, the Land Developer will be expected to think critically to find creative solutions to development hurdles and be able to work both independently and closely with other team members.
Location: North Haven, CT (hybrid)
- Ensure that assigned projects secure all needed interconnection agreements, use permits, environmental permits, land entitlement, and revenue contracts
- Ensure that projects are ready for construction and financeable at end of the development process
- Attend field site visits
- Manage the research, application, submittal, and approval process to local municipal, state, and/or federal offices for zoning, use, and environmental permits
- With the support of internal engineering resources, manages the interconnection application and study process with Utility partners
- With the support of internal engineering resources, manage 3rd party design contractors, engineering, and permit partners and review their work product
- Manage relationships, communication, and documentation for land owners and agreements
- Coordinate with internal construction and design teams
- Management of supporting documentation from environmental subcontractors
- Manage project scheduling, budgeting, coordination, and internal tracking and reporting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Science, Engineering, or related field
- Prefer a background in solar development, land use planning, and/or permitting
- Minimum of three years of experience with renewable energy design and project development
- Direct experience with site acquisition and ground-mounted solar project development
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, environmental reports, and design drawings
- Experience with professional project management in development or construction
- Experience in the solar industry
- Travel may be required
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.