Engineering Team Manager
Greenskies is looking to fortify its engineering team with the addition of an Engineering Team Manager (ETM). This position will manage the engineering department, be responsible for overall project design delivery, and be the authority on technical design specifications. The candidate will interact with project management, supply chain, asset management, operations & maintenance, and external engineering firms. This individual will be part of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department. The Engineering Team Manager reports directly to the VP of Engineering & Procurement.
Location: North Haven, Connecticut
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the electrical engineering department. Coach and mentor individuals.
- Develop strategies, policies, and processes to support the company’s growth goals. Regularly review business development pipeline to facilitate project assignments and balance workload among engineers.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of electrical engineering standards and specifications to be utilized by the company and its outsourced engineers of record.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders, including analytics & design, construction, and operations & maintenance teams.
- Reads and understands utility interconnection and facilities studies. Advises team on potential pitfalls and opportunities.
- Research new technologies, products, industry trends, standards and codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, and industry best practices.
- Ensure all designs are delivered on time and with appropriate level of quality. Balance quality with cost competitiveness in bases of design.
- Regular interaction with independent engineers. Cultivate relationships with external engineering firms.
- Travels as needed to perform site surveys or installation audits. Attend technical conferences.
- 5+ years of experience in power distribution or electrical engineering. Solar PV and/or energy storage systems experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Strong familiarity with National Electric Code and other design codes.
- Proficiency in design tools such as AutoCAD, Helioscope, and PVsyst is preferable.
- Knowledge of specifying and sourcing electrical equipment.
- Ability to build cross-organizational relationships, communication, and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
- Shows a bias for action. Takes ownership.
- Physical ability to visit job sites and traverse uneven ground or climb a ladder.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.