Engineering Team Manager
Greenskies is looking to fortify its engineering team the addition of an Engineering Team Manager (ETM). This position will manage the solar PV and energy storage engineering department, be responsible for overall project design delivery, and be the authority on technical design specifications. The candidate will interact with project management, supply chain, asset management, operations & maintenance, and external engineering firms. This individual will be part of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department. The Engineering Team Manager reports directly to the VP of Engineering & Procurement.
Location: North Haven, CT
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Determine PV system characteristics and product selection that maximize generation and minimize costs to optimize value to the customer
- Oversee and manage electrical engineering department. Coach and mentor individuals.
- Develop strategies, policies, and processes to support company’s growth goals. Regularly review business development pipeline to facilitate project assignments and balance workload among engineers.
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of electrical engineering standards and specifications to be utilized by the company and its outsourced engineers of record.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders including analytics & design, construction, and operations & maintenance teams.
- Reads and understands utility interconnection and facilities studies. Advises team on potential pitfalls and opportunities.
- Research and understand new technologies, new products, industry trends, standards and codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, and industry best practices.
- Ensure all project designs are delivered on time and with appropriate level of quality. Balance quality with cost competitiveness in bases of design.
- Regular interaction with independent engineers. Cultivate relationships with external engineering firms. Maintain and update master engineering services agreements. Search for new external engineering partners as needed.
- Fill workload gaps by managing individual projects during times of high volume. Selects system equipment. Performs electrical calculations. Determines interconnection with utility and/or existing facility electrical system.
- Travels as needed to perform site surveys or installation audits. Attends technical conferences.
- 5+ years of experience designing commercial or utility scale solar PV and/or energy storage systems. Including wire sizing, protection system coordination, grounding systems, relay schematic and settings design, equipment specification, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Strong familiarity with National Electric Code and other design codes.
- Proficiency in design tools such as AutoCAD, Helioscope, and PVsyst is required.
- Knowledge of specifying and sourcing electrical equipment for low voltage (up to 600V) and medium voltage (up to 34.5kV) applications.
- Ability to build cross-organizational relationships, communication, and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
- Shows a bias for action. Takes ownership.
- Physical ability to visit job sites and traverse uneven ground or climb a ladder.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.