Director of Business Development
This position leads all origination activities in a regional market. Develops and executes on a regional market strategy to identify Commercial and Industrial clients, present projects in a professional setting and deliver financial solutions that develop, and build solar projects. This person will seek channel partners to source, and screen solar project opportunities. Work closely with the underwriting, project development, and project financing teams to both internally develop as well as acquire projects and get them built. Leads deal negotiations, off taker contracts, and front end sales efforts to secure project revenue streams.
This position will be home-based and require frequent local travel to visit with customers and partners, as well as periodic visits to company HQ’s in Sunnyvale, CA and Middletown, CT.
- Develop and execute on regional market strategy.
- Source and close solar project acquisition opportunities.
- Search for and cultivate network of project developers to originate new opportunities.
- Work with internal/external land acquisition entities to secure land positions.
- Attend industry and regulatory conferences to network and seek out project opportunities.
- Qualify and respond to RFP solicitations.
- Conduct compelling sales presentations to both channel partners and end users.
- Screen opportunities for financial and development viability.
- Negotiate project acquisition and development services agreements.
- Coordinate between development partners and broader organization to secure power sales contracts (PPAs and leases), site agreements, interconnection, and permitting.
- Secure front line market intelligence and communicate to broader organization.
- Investigate new market segments and assess viability.
- Track and assess state incentive markets.
- Research and report on state and local regulatory issues relevant to solar projects.
- Minimum BS or BA degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 6 years sales experience with at least 4 years in energy, preferably solar.
- Enterprise sales experience highly desirable.
- Articulate and effective communicator orally and with Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting and project finance.
- Proven negotiations skills.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.