The Development Engineer will work alongside Greenskies’ internal team (Project Developers, Business Developers, Project Engineers, and Project Managers) in a team structure to develop a portfolio of large-scale solar PV and battery storage solutions from project origination to the commencement of construction. Development Engineers occupy a multi-faceted role and provide technical leadership for projects, including preliminary design, production forecasting, permitting, and the interconnection of projects between one and 100 megawatts in size.
Candidates must demonstrate keen interest and knowledge of the solar and battery storage industry and a proven ability to efficiently and effectively multi-task in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. To succeed in this role, frequent travel may be required.
Location: North Haven, CT (hybrid)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential land acquisitions
- Creating solar site review and developing environmental constraint maps using GIS tools for potential new projects/opportunities to determine overall site viability
- Create preliminary designs, including site plans and system one lines in AutoCAD
- Compile engineering submittals for proposals
- Produce accurate energy production estimates (PVSyst and HelioScope)
- Manage interconnection (utility point of contact, drafting interconnection requests, reviewing preliminary interconnection feedback, reviewing and assessing studies, and negotiating generator interconnection agreements)
- Perform technical discretionary permitting support
- Support RFP response
- Deliver presentations on specific topic areas of expertise when appropriate
- Continually seek new equipment and design methodologies for PV systems
- Perform cost/benefit analysis of design and technology variants to optimize economic and performance outcomes
Other duties, as assigned
- Proven working experience as a project development engineer for 2 or more years in the solar PV industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Structural, or Mechanical)
- Understanding of the NEC, NESC, relevant electrical codes, building codes, and permitting procedures for large-scale solar projects
- Software experience: HelioScope, PVSyst (or similar), and QGIS(or similar)
- Broad technical understanding of solar project development
- Ability to multitask and prioritize needs with timely responses
- Creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and review project documentation for technical requirements
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.