Greenskies is seeking an additional Design Engineer to bolster its solar photovoltaic and energy storage engineering group. This Engineer will be responsible for overall project design, technical specifications, utility and permit approvals, quality control, and engineering budgets. The candidate will interact with many departments, including construction, procurement, asset management, operations & maintenance, and external engineering firms. This individual will be part of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) department. The Design Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Location: North Haven, Connecticut
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages project portfolios. Areas of focus are detailed design, equipment selection, specifications, interconnection approvals, and permitting process.
- Participates in creating and maintaining engineering standards and specifications.
- Researches new technologies and products, industry trends, standards and codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, and industry best practices.
- Engages with customers, independent engineers, and third-party engineers of record.
- Creates purchase orders and reviews site-specific contracts for engineering services.
- Reviews utility interconnection and facilities studies.
- Assesses risks to the projects in the design phase. Leads the resolution process.
- Reviews electrical, structural, civil engineering, and racking drawings to ensure optimized and code-compliant designs.
- Ensures all designs are delivered on time and with the appropriate level of quality. Balances quality with cost competitiveness on basis of design.
- Performs energy production modeling. Generates details, layouts, and single-line diagrams. Understands and applies relevant codes and standards.
- Provides technical guidance during system installations. Answers requests for information. Assists project managers with asset commissioning.
- Travels as needed to perform site surveys or installation audits. 10% or less.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial or utility-scale solar PV systems design
- Power distribution, power generation, and electrical engineering experience. Medium voltage experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Strong familiarity with National Electric Code and other relevant design codes.
- Proficiency in design tools such as AutoCAD, Helioscope, and PVsyst.
- Knowledge of specifying and sourcing electrical equipment.
- Ability to build cross-organizational relationships, communication, and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems.
- Physical ability to visit job sites, traverse uneven ground, or climb a ladder.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.