Drive and coordinate legal affairs for the company and its solar projects, including the review, negotiation, and management of contracts, as well as coordinating and responding to a wide variety of legal requests from various corporate stakeholders (both internal and external).
Location: North Haven, Connecticut
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of company contracts, including power purchase agreements, engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) agreements, operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements, real estate agreements, nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, and tax equity and other debt and equity financing agreements.
- Ensure compliance with legal, contractual, and risk management policies to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize the value of contracts.
- Recommend alternative actions as required to conform with corporate policies and strategies.
- Perform periodic internal administrative audits including review of corporate documents, contracts, employment, intellectual property, and insurance matters.
- Coordinate with, manage, and oversee outside counsel.
- Oversee compliance with applicable statutes and regulations, review pertinent laws and regulations, and provide legal advice with respect to the same.
- Assist the company with administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state, and local laws as they relate to the relevant subject matter.
- Must hold a Juris Doctor (JD) law degree and license to practice law in Connecticut or qualify as “authorized house counsel” under the Connecticut bar association rules
- 3-5 years of legal experience, preferably in a large law firm or in-house legal department in renewable energy, finance, and/or transactional corporate law
- Self-starter with acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Must work full time in our North Haven, Connecticut headquarters
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.