Contractor Relationship Manager
Greenskies is seeking a Contractor Relationship Manager to support its renewable energy projects. The role encompasses establishing relationships with new installers and maintaining relationships with existing installers. The Manager will oversee contractor bids, awards, and agreement execution. A successful candidate thrives in a team setting and will interact with construction, engineering, operations & maintenance, and legal teams, as well as external parties. The Contractor Relationship Manager reports directly to the VP of Construction.
Location: North Haven, CT (hybrid, remote)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Find, qualify, and onboard experienced electrical, civil, structural, and roofing contractors throughout the US. Target contractors in states where we currently do business, and in states where we intend to do future business.
- Own and manage contractor database. Create an electronic library of contractors. Establish relationships. Execute contracts for current and future business. Research, email, call, and meet with contractors at trade shows as necessary.
- Advise preliminary EPC budgeting team by providing contractor-related cost assumptions and price trends. In parallel, send preliminary designs to contractors to get budgetary numbers.
- Create site specific scopes of work relative to the project.
- Track and administer contractor bidding process, from conception to contract execution. Maintain contractor bid template. Ensure contractors populate the template for each project during bid phase.
- Negotiate installation agreements with contractors. Own and maintain installation agreement template. Work with assigned Project Manager during contract award phase.
- Coordinate with Construction team regarding project awards. Choose the best fit contractor(s) in terms of price, schedule, qualifications.
- Create contractor KPIs. Track contractor performance during installation and at project completion.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, contract management, or construction management.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in construction administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in construction of electrical or power generation is preferred.
- Proficient at writing and negotiating contracts. Proficient at reading plans and specs.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position's role within the business.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.