Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will originate solar development opportunities with commercial, municipal, and educational clients in the Northeastern and Middle Atlantic United States. In addition, the Business Development Manager will support business development and account management activities related to national corporate clients. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development.
- Generate and pursue leads and attend virtual and in-person consultation appointments with prospective customers.
- Assess prospective customers’ energy needs and develop proposals, present solutions, answer questions, and address concerns.
- Present, explain, and close power sales contracts (power purchase agreements and leases) with customers.
- Gather the customer and facility information required by internal engineering and finance teams to build and price solutions.
- Collaborate with internal finance, engineering, construction, and legal teams to develop proposals and contracts.
- Build and manage a channel sales network with regional development, engineering, procurement, and construction companies.
- Source and respond to requests for proposals.
- Minimum BS or BA degree.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience preferably in energy, finance, or technology.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex technical and financial information.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Technical aptitude with 2-D and 3-D spatial visualization skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM systems.
- Professional, self-disciplined, and honest.
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business.
Greenskies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.