Work closely with multiple departments to bring together and translate project information for renewable energy construction projects into cost estimates to create winning bids with compelling Power Purchase Agreement prices for the customer.
- Review and verify blueprint designs and engineering plans and assess cost implications.
- Recommend value engineering to improve energy production and reduce cost by identifying multiple energy retrofit options.
- Analyze and interpret independent engineering reports to identify technical and financial risks existing in the power markets to adjust client-facing estimates if needed.
- Perform quality control on engineering, procurement, and construction contracts to ensure code compliance in potential acquisition opportunities.
- Review key contracts including power purchase, maintenance, and construction to estimate cost implications on time, material and labor.
- Review and interpret environmental reports to determine development risk and reduce costs, including but not limited to civil and stormwater engineering, Phase 1 ESA, and wetland delineation.
- Coordinate with multiple departments, including engineering design, procurement, construction, and business development.
- Assist with the consolidation, organization, and detailed review of project information from various internal and external sources.
- Maintain and update cost-benefit analysis models with strict revision control for internal review.
- Develop client-facing bids and financial estimates for power projects including energy efficiency.
- Adjust pricing estimates based off federal and state incentive programs for competitive bidding.
- Master’s Degree in Energy Systems or Environmental Engineering, or Financial field; and 24 months of experience in cost estimating or project financing for power and energy efficiency projects.
Specific Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Engineering analysis of technical documents including mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Cost-Benefit modeling of forecasted costs and revenues for debt and equity investors using software tools including
- Visual Basic for Applications.
- Energy Manager Certification.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements by mail or by fax to (860) 516-3139.
It is the policy of Greenskies to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, disability, or political affiliation or belief.